Week 17: 21 Weeks of Prayer & Fasting
WEEK 3: DAY 17
A Call to Expectation - Expecting Another Jesus Movement
Throughout America's history, movements of prayer have released explosive spiritual awakening. From the early church, to the Great Awakenings, to the Jesus Movement in the 1970's, God's chief aim has been made known again and again: to reveal and glorify Jesus.
In the midst of a turbulent time in our nation's history, God intervened in a supernatural way, from 1968 until the mid-1970s. "The Jesus Movement" burst forth on the scene with a soft explosion that revolutionized millions of lives. The Jesus Movement brought many teenagers and young adults into a relationship with Jesus that set them free from their addictions and changed the course of their lives forever. They were consumed with knowing God and living a radical life for Him.
America desperately needs another Jesus Movement that awakens hearts to the love of God so that a generation would become messengers of the Gospel. Movements like these don't spontaneously appear on their own; they're often contended for through faith, prayer, and living a life of intentionally setting our hearts to be awakened every day.
Let us believe together for another Jesus Movement to come to America and the nations in this hour!
- Commit to respond to reading about past revivals with faith rather than doubt.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you how you can encourage this young generation.
- Commit to being less distracted in your daily life by "unplugging" and "plugging in" to God through prayer and study.
- "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!"- Psalm 139:23-24 ESV
- Repent for looking down on moves of God that look different than what you're comfortable with.
- Lord, grow a great love in this generation for the glory of Jesus' name.
- Open up the eyes of this distracted generation and show them what they're really after: Your beauty. Fascinate us, God!
- God, I ask that You'd raise up messengers of the Gospel, that would be brave and bold to bring Your Good News to the hardest and darkest places.
"For the sake of the world burn like a fire in me
Light a flame in my soul for every eye to see
For the sake of the world burn like a fire in me"
- For the Sake of the World, Bethel Music