WEEK 3: DAY 18
A Call to Expectation - Expecting a Joel's Army to Arise
"It is a day of darkness and gloom, a day of thick cloud and deep blackness. Suddenly, like dawn spreading across the mountains, a great and mighty army appears. Nothing like it has been seen before or will ever be seen again... The Lord is at the head of the column. He leads them with a shout. This is His mighty army, and they follow His orders. The day of the Lord is an awesome, terrible thing. Who can possibly survive?" (Joel 2:2, 11)
There is a day coming when an army will arise that is unlike anything that has ever been seen before. This army will be fiercely dedicated and bound to its Captain. The bonds will be made of more than just respect and loyalty. This army will be bound by cords of selfless love, priestly identity, and consecration. I believe that Jesus had this army in mind when He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane on the night He died:
"They will be one, just as You and I are One - as You are in Me, Father, and I in You. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me." (Jn 17:21)
Are you expecting to see this army arise in this generation? We are the children of God and we need to be expectant and ready to answer the call of the Lord. Edmund Burke, and English statesman, once said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." May we take our place in the lines and be found answering the shout of the Lord in that Day.
- Read and meditate on Joel 2 and commit to pray for the fulfillment of this prophecy.
- Examine your heart and submit yourself to the leading of the Lord of Hosts
- Repent on behalf of the church for not always taking her place and submitting herself to the leading of the Lord of Heaven and Earth.
- Repent for any unbelief or stubbornness in your own heart when it comes to submitting yourself to the Lord.
- Pray for "Joel's Army" to arise in the midst of this broken generation.
- Pray for strength and boldness for yourself and the Body of Christ as a unit to stand with the Lord- even in the face of much persecution.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a spirit of expectancy for the plans and purposes of the Lord.
Hear the sound of the Lion of Judah
See the fire and the fear in the enemy's camp
From the sound of the lion of Judah roaring again
There's a new generation arising
A nameless, faceless, placeless tribe
All they fear is the fear of the Lord
All they hear is the Lion of Judah
- Lion of Judah, Jason Upton