Week 3: Day 15 - 2016 Fasting & Prayer
WEEK 3: DAY 15
A Call to Expectation - Expecting God to Move Suddenly
"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting." - Acts 2:2
"About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me." - Acts 22:6
Are we expecting God to move suddenly? Do we really believe that He can and will?
As children of God we must remember who our God is. A. W. Tozer said, "What comes to our mind when we think about God is the most important thing about us." He is the Creator who spoke everything into being with just the words of His mouth. He isn't restricted by anything. He is able to do far and above all that we can ask or imagine. We must remind ourselves Who we are praying to.
Jesus encourages us in Luke 18 that we "always ought to pray and not lose heart... shall God not avenge his own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?" (vs. 1, 7) Even at the point when all hope seems lost and we begin to succumb to the cares of this world God can do a "suddenly" in our lives. God can move suddenly in families, in universities, in churches, in government and in the nation. He doesn't follow man's rules and His ways are higher than our own (Is 55:8-9). Let's believe together that God had a plan for Chester. Let us pray and cry out for Him to move suddenly.
- Search your heart and find out what you really think about God. Do we really believe that God is the same yesterday, today and forever?
- Ask the Lord where He would like to do a "suddenly" in your life, in your family, in your workplace, in your church, in the nation, etc.
- Commit to pray and not lose heart even when everything else around you seems contrary.
- Repent for settling into your own apprehensions and not believing for the miraculous. (Mark 9:24)
- Repent on behalf of the Church for not preaching the true God who is still moving today.
- Pray that first the church and then the world would have a true revelation of who God is.
- Pray that God would give us the grace to expect Him to move in real ways in our lives.
- Pray that the Lord would do a "suddenly" in your life, in your family, in your workplace, in your church, in Chester and in the nation.
- Sing out loud the Names of the Lord. ex: He is the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Mighty God, Lord of Everything, Emmanuel, Great I Am, Prince of Peace, The Lamb of God, Living God, Saving Grace, Ancient of Days, Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End, Savior, Messiah, Redeemer and Friend. (See: You are Holy [Prince of Peace] by Michael W. Smith)
- Worship God as the Creator God and the owner of it. "The earth is the Lord's, and all it's fullness, the world and all who dwell therein. For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the waters." (Ps 24:1-2)
- Worship God for His faithfulness to answer the cries of His elect. (Luke 18:1-8)