WEEK 3: DAY 19
A Call to Expectation - Expecting a Joel's Army to Arise
Do you have a vision for a Church that walks in holiness according to God's Word? Do you see the working of the Holy Spirit in your own life, and in the lives of those around you, that encourages you to choose righteousness instead of sin?
Unfortunately, there are a lot of believers that are walking in compromise and sin. It doesn't take a long hard look to see that the Church is struggling with sexual sins, divorce, even with killing the unborn. I don't say this to condemn, but to draw our eyes to truth that there is something greater. Yet even in the midst of a rebellious generation, God promises a holy Bride (the Church) for Jesus.
"...He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish." (Ephesians 5:27)
What does a holy Church look like? One that recognizes their identity in Christ, and from that place, is in love with Jesus. When we see the Kingdom of God through the eyes of a wholehearted Bride with loyal devoted love, we will live more holy lives. If we do not feel loved and in love, then we more easily compromise, lack courage, and become spiritually bored.
Holiness and loving Jesus are intricately linked to each other. When we love Jesus, we are committed to obeying Him and His commands (John 14:15). So, the journey to walking in holiness is the same as the journey to loving God. As Jesus said, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'" (Matthew 22:37).
- Read John 15:9-12 and 1 John 3:7-9 and then ponder at how much the Father loves Jesus.
- Read 2 Cor. 5:21 and ponder what it means to be the righteousness of God in Jesus.
- Ask forgiveness for any compromise in your own life, and commit to obeying Jesus' commandments.
- On behalf of the Church, ask the Lord to forgive the sins of sexual immorality, selfishness, drunkenness, and idolatry (or any that you feel the Lord highlight).
- Lord, bring Your Church into love with You. Show them how much You love them. "...that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height - to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:17-19).
- Jesus, fill us with might, that we might have a walk that's worthy of Your name. "...that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might..." (Colossians 1:10-11).
"I wanna be found faithful
I wanna be found steady
I wanna be found faithful
Until the end"
- Found Faithful, Justin Rizzo